Call us on 1300 88 94 90 for fast and friendly service.
Preparing your site for your Rainwater tank installation in Sydney or any capital city is as important as choosing the right rain water tank and pump for your needs. Proper site preparation and choice of base material is critical if you want your rainwater tank installation to last the distance and for you to be able to claim on any warranty issues. Most rain water tank manufactures will supply you with their version of the suitable way to install their rainwater tank and the way the area should be prepared ready for the water tank. The tank manufactures guidelines should be followed to make sure that you won’t have any problems with your rainwater tank installation or void the warranty.
There is no substitute for good site preparation. Correct site preparation is essential to ensure a long and trouble-free life for your rainwater tank. All rainwater tank suppliers have rainwater tank installation instructions on their web sites and usually supply these details with the delivery of your tank.
It is essential to have your rainwater tank on a FLAT LEVEL COMPACTED BASE. The base of your Rainwater tank must be fully supported at all times. You should inspect your base regularly to ensure the base is not being eroded and that animals or insects are not undermining the base.
Rainwater Tank Installation on CONCRETE SLAB
Concrete Slabs for rainwater tank installation must be a minimum 25mpa and 100mm thick with F62 steel mesh halfway through the concrete. It should be screeded flat and level with no high or low spots. The finished surface should have a smooth troweled finish. The slab should be left for about a week to cure properly before allowing the tank to fill up.
National Poly Tank installed on a concrete base.
Rainwater Tank installation on CRUSHER DUST
Crusher dust bases for rainwater tank installation must be 300mm wider than base of the rainwater tank and prepared as follows:
• Remove at least 100mm of natural dirt, ensuring the base is flat and level.
• Fill with at least 75mm of crusher dust and mix thoroughly with dry cement. As an example, for a four metre diameter base it is recommended to use 2-3 bags of cement.
• Once spread, thoroughly compact the crusher dust with a wacker packer, not by any other means.
• Thoroughly screed the surface and ensure the finished surface is perfectly FLAT AND LEVEL and free of rocks, tree roots, etc. Do not wet with water to set the cement powder, natural moisture will do this when your tank is in position.
• Note: Sand is not acceptable material for Rainwater Tank installation.
Make sure you have enough people available to help the delivery driver when your Rainwater tank arrives. 1 to 2 people for small Rainwater tanks and 3 to 4 people for larger Rainwater tanks.
The Rainwater tank manufacturer will advise you how many people you will need before your Rain tank arrives.
For all your Rainwater Tank needs call 1300 88 94 90 Now!